I was promised a "FREE" 7 day cruise with Carnival- The Fun Ships for attending a sales presention at the Wyndham Hotels in San Diego. I politely declined to purchase a "time share".

I was given a certificate for a "Free" cruise. I had to call "Vacation Tour and Travel". I just called to book our trip and surprise! surprise!

it will cost me $2554.78!

The girl told me to read item #4 which summarizes "the recipient is responsible for agency fees and government taxes, including customs fees, due at the time of booking. I wanted to find out the breakdown of their fees as I just couldn't believe the cost! I was astonished when she told me "There is no breakdown of fees"! If I were to book with Carnival it would cost me $2881.18!

I refused to purchase anything. This is to me a complete SCAM! PROMOTION FRAUD!

I believe Vacation Tour and Travel operates a shady practice and unfortunately it reflects on the good names of Carnival Cruise Lines and the Wynham Hotels.

I am contacting these companies regarding the practices of Vacation Tour and Travel. Is there anything that can be done to stop this?

Comments

Elon, North Carolina, United States #685364

I experienced the same thing. If anyone would have the motivation to start a letter writing campaign to the actual people that they represent I believe it could have an effect.